Sunday, January 1, 2017

Favorite Makeup of 2016



Hello everyone and a very happy 2017 to all of you!  I honestly cannot believe that it's 2017, I feel like I'm officially living in the future now.  It's so funny how fast 2016 went by, but at the same time some of the stuff that happened in the year made it feel like it lasted about 500 years.  But now I'm just grateful to be in a new year, and to be talking about my favorite makeup of 2016, because I used a lot of amazing amazing makeup this year!


Not that these are in any particular order, but the Becca x Jaclyn Hill face palette, which I think was sadly limited edition, was definitely my most loved bit of makeup in 2016.  It was a bit expensive, but I've honestly used it almost every single day since I bought it over spring break, and when I don't use it I feel like my makeup has less of a pop to it, you know?  All of the colors are so beautiful, and I just think this is one of my favorite palettes I've ever used honestly.  If you can still get your hands on it, it's worth the investment y'all!



The Nars eyeshadow duo in Isolde is another one of my best loved products this year.  I was so blown away with how pigmented and creamy these eyeshadows are, and the colors in this duo are so beautiful, especially if you have blue eyes.  I love the orangey undertones, and honestly these eyeshadows are just a dream to use.


The Rimmel Match Perfection foundation was probably the foundation I used most in 2016, just because it has the most beautiful finish that's really glowy and natural looking.  I feel like it gives your skin a really healthy look, and also it never looks bad in pictures, which is a huge plus for me because I hate foundations that give you tons of flashback.


 This Laura Mercier Radiance Primer basically changed my whole world this year y'all.  Before using this, I never really used primers because I just thought they were kind of pointless you know?  But I honestly find such a big difference when I don't use this, it just gives my face such a nice glow and makes my makeup go onto the skin so much easier.  


And last but not least, another absolute favorite from the year is the Nars Sheer Glow foundation, which I think I bought in the late spring, and have been using all the time ever since.  While I don't reach for it as much everyday, I do use it anytime I'm going somewhere that I want to look a little bit nicer, but still natural and glowy.  This is honestly just such a lovely formula, and I love the fact that it feels so light on the skin.

Well y'all, 2016 is officially in the books, and I'm so so excited for 2017.  I just love New Years, because I feel like it's such an optimistic holiday with resolutions and everything.  I truly hope that 2017 will be a wonderful year, and I hope you all have a wonderful New Years Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment