Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Review | Colour Pop Up and Away Lip Trio


Hello everyone and happy Tuesday to you all!  I hope you're all having a wonderful last week of October, which is just so crazy I can't even deal with it.  A week or two ago, I bought the Up and Away ColourPop trio because A) I'd never tried ColourPop and I thought it was time I did and B) it was free shipping sooo I basically had to y'all.  Since it was my first ever time trying ColourPop I thought I would do a first impressions/review for y'all, in case anyone is interested in trying the brand but is a little unsure about it.


So this set has two ultra-matte lips, Love Bug and Mama, and one satin lip, Calypso.  Love Bug is a dark, rusty red/orange, and Mama is a more orangey red.  Calypso is a dark mauvey pink, but it's not too dark so it comes off pretty natural.  The two ultra matte's are SO matte y'all I wasn't prepared, they go on your lips and they are instantly super dry.  Definitely definitely make sure you're lips aren't dry when you put these on, because that would be like disaster in the first degree.  As for the color, I definitely found that they are much much darker than they look in the bottle, which isn't bad but it did surprise me for sure.  I still need to get used to the formula of these but overall, they seem to be pretty nice and definitely worth the $6.  As for the satin one, Calypso, I wear it most often for sure.  It's just a shade or two darker than my natural lips, and the formula is much less drying (although still matte) and comes off as much more wearable to me!

So all in all, I think I would suggest these, though I still definitely need to play around with the matte ones, but I definitely like the satin one and honestly for the price these are so fun to just add some variety to my normal lip product rotation.

Well y'all that was my review, really a first impression but whatevs, of the ColourPop trio, I hope y'all liked it!  Have an absolutely wonderful day and I will talk to you all very soon!

2 comments:

  1. This trio looks gorgeous! I love the look of Mama and Love Bug. Definitely need to check these out! :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so gorgeous, and honestly such a great value!

      Delete