Thursday, October 20, 2016

How to Handle a Bad Day (Or Week...)



Hello everyone!! So today I have a little bit of a different post but one that's just very applicable to my life right now, and I'm sure a lot of you can relate as well.  I have just been having a plain old awful week this week I'm not gonna lie y'all, from feeling overwhelmed and lonely and just plain unloveable, not to mention a parking citation and someone stealing all the CD's from my car (I hope they like Taylor Swift...), I just feel like the sooner this week is in the books, the better off my life will be.  But honestly, we all have to go through these times, if for nothing else, to help us learn how to handle tough times! And since I have an abundance of knowledge on the subject at the moment, I thought I would share my tips for surviving even the worst of days, parking tickets and all!

1 // Let it Happen

Y'all I'm probably the most hypocritical person to be writing this, as I've been known to stuff away emotions for a ridiculously long time, but I promise it always makes me feel better to just let my emotions happen.  This week I've just been feeling absolute crap about myself and my life in general, and I just found I have to let myself feel sad and all of that so that I can get it out of my system, if that makes sense at all!

2 // Get Away From it All

If it's at all possible, try to find a place where you can just be completely alone, or at least away from people you know.  Sometimes it just is such a nice refresh for me to go to a coffee shop off campus and just not have to feel like I have to put on this happy face, because especially at a small school it can feel like there's always someone I know around, which can be great, but also sometimes overwhelming.  I find it really amazing to get away, and read and pray and just be by myself doing something that makes me feel peaceful.

3 // Talk it Out

Nothing makes me feel happier than talking on the phone to my mom, sister, or best friend.  I always end up laughing about whatever went wrong in my day, and it just can flip a negative situation around in my mind!  Whoever it is that makes you feel totally comfortable and loved, just call them and have a nice conversation, even if you don't talk about what's bothering you, just hearing someone's voice who you know cares about you can do wonders!!

And that's my little spiel for today, I hope this helps some of you out there!! I also hope that if you too are having a bad day, week, or even month (Friends theme song anyone?) that it'll turn around soon.  I hope you all are doing wonderfully, and I'll talk to you all very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment