Saturday, September 10, 2016

What I Learned in My First Week of College


Hello and happy Saturday everyone!  I hope you all are doing super duper well, I for one am exhausted but surviving!  Yesterday was my official one week mark of college, and I meant to post this yesterday but I was in the library till quite late and then got back and literally just fell asleep, so there's that.  Anyway, I thought I would share some things I have learned in my first week, because I got quite anxious about college as I'm not into partying and I'm quite introverted and it always helped me to hear about people's real life stories about their experience, so here goes!

Do What Makes You Happy

This!!! Is!!! Important!!! I go to a small college, and already I've started to get anxious about getting left out of certain groups or not having friends because I don't want to get drunk every weekend, but I just have to tell myself over and over that the right people will (and have!) come as long as I keep doing what is important to me.

Get Sleep

I've had four days of classes, and already the workload is just super intense.  Maybe some colleges are less intense, but so far all my professors have been super clear that they expect a super high level of work, so me and all my friends have been working our butts off everyday, which is great, but also has been leaving us all pretty drained.  So whenever you get the chance, take a nap or just have a quite session of Gilmore Girls in your bed, just something to recharge.

Trust Yourself

This kinda goes with the first one, but seriously you are the one who is always gonna have your back, if that makes sense.  Basically, in college more than ever, you are on your own and you are in charge of your own happiness, so trust yourself!

Keep the End Goal in Mind

I know college can seem like a chance to just go crazy and have fun and forget all about school, and a lot of people can get caught up in that and forget why they're actually there.  To be fair, I haven't run into a particularly strong desire to go wild, as I'm basically a grandma at heart, but it has been important for me to remind myself that I'm at college to actually better myself as opposed to just taking a lot of cute instagram pictures (tell me someone else relates to that...).

Well y'all, a very tired Mel is signing off on this one, but I do hope this can be helpful to some of y'all and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post. I felt the same in my first week of university 3 years back. Especially the sleep thing is SO important :'D

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! And yes, sleep is the most important always hehe!!

      Delete