Monday, July 25, 2016

What I'm Reading | July 2016


Hello everyone!  I hope you all had a great weekend and are enjoying the end of this July Monday! Today I thought I would do something a little different, but as I've been reading a lot of good books this month I thought I would do a little monthly roundup of what I've been reading!

Something Blue // Emily Giffin This book was basically a rom-com in book form, but it wasn't too bad if you're looking for an easy, thoughtless beach read.  I had sort of a hard time getting into it because in the first section the main character, Darcy, is super unlikable, but she get's better and so does the story, so all in all it was a fun one!

Emma // Alexander McCall Smith I honestly love the premise of updating an old book and making it applicable to present-day, and I just found the writing so breezy and fun to read.  I also love the characters, they're all accurate to the original book, but also have funny little updates to make them modern.  If you're looking for another quick summer book, definitely look into this one!

Funny Girl // Nick Hornby I haven't honestly finished this one yet, but I'm about halfway through and let me just say I'm in love with this book.  It's basically about the starlet of a 1960s sitcom, and everything about is so great.  It's funny, but not entirely a mindless read.  Would absolutely recommend this book!

The Girl on the Train // Paula Hawkins I had heard a lot about this book, so I thought I would see if I liked it.  I was a little nervous because I heard that this was just insanely creepy and twisted, but I literally could not put it down y'all!  I finished it in under 24 hours I'm pretty sure... Fair warning, it is super super creepy in the end, but honestly I couldn't love this book more.  If you're into thrillers, this honestly is one of the best ones I've read!

I have actually been doing a lot of reading this month, as I've had a lot more free time.  I still have another month of off school, so hopefully I'll get a lot more reading done in August!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked The Girl On The Train. I really loved that book!

    Nicole | In The Life of NM // Enter My Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing? Love your blog by the way!!

      Delete