Tuesday, May 10, 2016

5 Ways to De-Stress During Exam Week


Hey everyone, and Tuesday!  I don't know about y'all, but I'm almost out of school and I've actually just finished my last exam today (last highschool exam ever y'all!!).  I mean, it's no secret that exams are a super stressful time for any student, but I know that a lot of people get a lot of test anxiety, or can just get burned out during exam week, so I wanted to do a little post about how I deal with the stress/how I survive without going grey at 17...

1 // Exercise 

This is so so helpful when your brain needs an all out break from studying, I find that when I get a little bit of exercise in, I automatically feel so much less stressed and just calmer overall.  Honestly my favorite thing to do is just plain old walking, I usually will walk about four miles on the treadmill or outside, I just find it's so relaxing and it doesn't stress me out like running tends to for whatever reason!

2 // Chocolate

I don't know, but I feel like chocolate is just a natural stress reliever?  Am I right?  I mean the only science I have backing this is personal research (i.e. seeing how much chocolate I can eat in one day), but the results have been promising so far soo... I would recommend dark chocolate, especially this kind!

3 // Baths

I'm kind of a grandma honestly, I love hot baths, I love Agatha Christie, and I have said multiple times before that my ideal age is 77.  I kid you not, this is the age I would be if I could be any age forever, because I mean, you can wear tracksuits and everyone will still think you're the cutest thing. Anyways, hot baths work absolute wonders for stress and it's such a nice way to completely unplug from studying. 

4 // Laugh

Laughing.  Is.  So.  Important.  I seriously can't tell you how many times I have been at the end of my rope, just completely stressed to the point of tears, when I had a conversation with a friend or a family member, or watched my favorite youtuber/TV show, and the laughter that came from those things just completely lifted a load off of my shoulders.  I feel like sometimes when you're studying you can get so bogged down in all of the pressure of school, and sometimes just a good laugh can remind you that it really is all gonna work out fine in the end.  Just in case you're wondering, I suggest Friends or the Office for the best laughs.

5 // Get Outside

I'm the worst for this, but sometimes I find when I'm studying I forget that I've been inside for like a million hours, and I forget that there is an actual planet outside my door.  Sometimes just the simple walk out to get the paper is such a nice little reset and breath of actual fresh air.  I find the best thing is sitting in the sun for a little bit (wear your SPF ok I'm sorry I had a mom moment ok) and just taking a mental break for at least ten minutes.

So, I didn't include naps on this list because, truth be told, I never wake up from naps feeling good.  I legit always feel like I've time traveled to 2030 and my brain has died when I wake up from a nap. Am I the only one in this position?  I mean if naps work for you as a de-stresser for you, go for it but for me like the time travel thing is just not relaxing for some reason.

I hope y'all liked this post, and the best of luck to anyone currently in the middle of exam week or who is about to be in exam week, and if you're done with exams like me, congratulations you lil smarty!!  Happy Tuesday everyone, and I'll talk to y'all soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment