Sunday, April 3, 2016

March 2016 Favorites


Ohh my gosh you guys, it's April?  How is that possible? I'm still getting used to writing 2016 instead of 2015... life moves too fast for me sometimes y'all.  March was such an amazing month that was filled with lots of sunshine, visiting siblings, puppies, and trying out new makeup!  Honestly what a stellar combo right?  Soo these are the things I've been loving through sunny sunny March...

1 // Journaling
This is something that I've always gone back and forth with in my life.  I feel like every year I tell myself I'm going to journal every single day, which is admirable, but honestly not that feasible for me you know?  So recently I've just been loving journaling whenever I want with no strict agenda, and it has been so much fun!  I've also used my journal as a doodle space, where I can doodle to my hearts content, which is one of my favorite things.  I've been using this journal and these pens, and have been loving both so much!

I feel like I have really underrated this mascara in my mind for whatever reason, but it's seriously so so good.  It gives so much volume and thickness, which I really like.  I feel like if you like more dry, lengthening mascaras this might not be for you, but if you like a lot of drama (like me) than definitely give this a go!

Both of these products I got during spring break, and they were my first dabble in Nars products, and let me just say, color me impressed.  Both are so high quality and so easy to use.  I have done full reviews of both of these products, but I wanted to include them here because I really have been loving them so much throughout March!

I actually got this as a Christmas gift, and used it through most of January, but kind of fell off track during February, so I made an executive decision to start it back up during March.  I just love this because it's so easy to use and I really love having that extra push to be more active, even if it's just getting outside to walk my dog for ten minutes, it has such a big impact on my overall wellbeing.

5 // Isaiah 41:13
After watching Kate from A Lonestar Southern share her faith during her March Favorites (here), I thought I would start sharing something that I feel like God has been showing me throughout the month in each of my favorites.  I know faith isn't big in everyone's life, but it is in mine, so I thought I would share because it is a huge part of who I am!  So this month the verse that's really been helping me through a lot is Isaiah 41:13, which reads "That’s right. Because I, your God, have a firm grip on you and I’m not letting go. I’m telling you, ‘Don’t panic. I’m right here to help you.'"  I feel like during January and February I let a lot of anxiety just sort of settle into my life.  I found myself being anxious from the minute I woke up about everything from my family and friends being safe, to the very act of driving to school.  
I realized through a lot of prayer that I was keeping myself in a little jail of anxiety, and that this was not at all the way God created me to experience life.  I really clung to this verse because it reminded me that God not only loves me and everyone around me so so deeply, but also that he has absolutely every single aspect of my life figured out.  None of my worrying or anxiety could take away the fact that I am his precious daughter, and he always has and always be right beside me, holding my hand, and that he will never let go of my hand.  I still catch myself slipping back into that anxiety, but I'm praying through it and I feel like He is really guiding me through it all.

And those are my favorites from March!  I hope you all had an absolutely wonderful March, and that you'll have an amazing April as well!


2 comments:

  1. I've never kept a journal because I feel it requires far more effort than I'm willing to put out and kind of view my blog as a journal-esque thing!

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I definitely know what you mean!! By the way I love your blog :))

      Delete