Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Holy Grail Drugstore Makeup | All Time Favorites


Hello everyone!!  I'm honestly so happy right now because of Daylight's Savings, aren't y'all? Despite the fact that I overslept a whole hour this morning, I'm still pumped about the extra hour of daylight in the evening!  Soo today I thought I'd write about my all time favorite drugstore products in each category... mostly because I've been watching a lot of youtube videos like this and I was feelin' inspired, so here goes!



Honestly I think Rimmel just does amazing foundations, basically you can't go wrong with any of theirs.  This one is my favorite though because it just gives the best finish and it smells really amazing, and it also just blends out so well!



I've talked about this like 20000 times but it's just my absolute favorite drugstore concealer ever.  I love love the little sponge thing, and the formula is super brightening.  Also, it's not very thick which I kind of like as it's never cake-y or anything.  The only thing I will say is that if your skin is a little bit dry, this probably isn't going to work as well because I noticed that it does cling a little bit to dry patches!



As you can see, I use this powder allll the time.  I feel like it's just a nice dependable powder, it never looks cake-y or dry, and I do find that it evens out my skin a little bit.  It's not incredibly long lasting, but overall it's a really nice powder for four dollars!



I chose this as my favorite blush from the drugstore mainly because I like the variety you get from the one palette and also because I find that every time I use it I'm always so impressed by it.  My favorite shade is the brightest pink in the lower-left corner, it gives the prettiest bright pink flush.  These are also super pigmented, which is amazing, but just keep in mind that you really only need the tiniest bit!



Honestly, I'm so pleased with this palette.  For six dollars you get a setting powder, a contour shade, a bronzer, and a highlighter.  I honestly haven't used the highlighter that much, so I don't really know if it's good or not, but I would for sure recommend the other three shades if you're looking for a budget contour kit that is still good quality!



Ok if you buy one item from Elf it should be this one, y'all like no joke this is an amazing palette, and it's only ten dollars!!  I love the all of the shades, and every single one is so so pigmented and buttery, it's honestly just so amazing.  I haven't tried out the other two shades that the palette comes in, but honestly this one is so amazing I don't think you can go wrong with it!




Soo everyone knows by now that Maybelline's Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadows are amazing, and they are, but I just wanted to give a shoutout to this shade.  It's in a different line of colors, I think it's just called the metal line or something, but this shade is honestly so pretty sometimes I just wear it on it's own and it's so pretty, like a lil bit of sunshine on my face!  Also someone wrote that you can wear this as like a cream highlighter, which intrigues me so I may try that and get back to y'all on that.




Picking one mascara was harder than I expected honestly, but this one has to win for me.  I think for the volume and length it gives you, it's just my favorite.  I also really like the brush, because more plastic wands can sometimes really hurt my eyes, so this one is a nice break from that!

And those are my favorite drugstore products ever ever!!  I tried to do something in each category but for some categories I felt like I didn't really have a true favorite that I really loved and I didn't want to just pick something for the sake of having it there so I just went with what I do love!!  Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I really need to try the Maybelline Concealer - rubietuesday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so so good, you'll be obsessed with it!

      Delete