Thursday, February 25, 2016

Spring Beauty Essentials | 2016


HEY GUYS happy Thursday!! Guess what? It's almost March, which means February is almost over which means it's almost Spring! OMG. Can you tell I'm just a lil bit excited? Spring is by far, hands down my favorite season. There's just something so magical about everything coming back to life after a long winter (have you ever known a short winter? because I definitely have not) and to me it's like heaven hearing birds chirping and seeing flowers in bloom.

So with the new season obviously ya gotta have some new beauty essentials, because that's just the way it works right? I have compiled a little list of my spring beauty essentials to maybe inspire anyone out there who... needs inspiration for this? Not sure if anyone actually does need inspiring but I thought I'd do it all the same hehe!


To me, spring means ushering in a whole new color palette into your life, and as you can probably see, my ideal spring palette consists of pink and pink and pink! The YesTo Grapefruit Spray is my favorite day time moisturizer for the spring, because it just gives your skin the healthiest sheen, but it's so light so it's ideal for when those temperatures start warming up (aka go above 50 degrees basically).  

I feel like lip color is where I usually do the most drastic changing with the seasons, as I tend to go away from the brown and plum tones of winter, and start going for much lighter shades instead. Here I've got my Clinique Chubby Stick in Curvy Candy, my little Tarte LipSurgence in Dainty, L'OrĂ©al Colour Riche lipsticks in 175 I Pink You're Cute and 254 Everbloom, and for a moisturizer this Savannah Bee Natural Beeswax Lip Balm in Wild Blackberry. All of these colors are very bright and punchy, and I feel like they sort of brighten up my whole vibe a lil bit!

As far as eyes and face go, I like things that again feature more pinky, rosy, and golden tones. The products I usually reach for are this Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink, this Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Plum Pop (this gets extra spring points cuz it's shaped like a lil flower), Rimmel's Match Perfection Foundation, my Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara, and my Naked3 palette.

And last but not least, for a lil spritz of flirty spring fragrance, I think the Clinique Happy Perfume is absolute perfection (Chandler Bing moment lol).  I've got a little mini bottle here which is absolutely the most precious thing I own and I'm so obsessed with it y'all don't even know.

So I know it's only just the end of February, and by most normal people's standards spring is still a long way off, but can you blame a girl for hoping? Besides I have this theory that if we all ignore that it's still cold out the cold will go away... haha just kidding, I'm not that desperate for spring... maybe...


No comments:

Post a Comment