Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Look for Less | Taylor Swift at the 2016 Grammys


SO in case you missed it Taylor Swift won the Grammys this year.  I feel like this is a controversial statement to some people but I mean... she did y'all.  It's Taylor's world, we're just living in it (sometimes I like to pretend me and Taylor are on first name basis ok no judgement).  First of all, her outfit? Omg? Be right back just trying to figure out how to incorporate an orange bandeau top and a flowing magenta skirt into my school wardrobe.  Also, her hair is like next level amazing, which is kind of concerning for me because last time Taylor got a haircut, I decided my hair would look equally amazing short and went right off to get myself a lob (long bob, duhh). Needless to say I ended up looking more like my King Charles Cavalier Spaniel and less like T. Swizzle *sigh.* Besides the stellar hair, makeup, and power stance Taylor had going on on Monday night, her makeup was also out of this world flawless as always, so I thought I'd do a nifty lil look for less just for kicks:


1 Apply Rimmel's Match Perfection all over your face, either with a beauty blender, or a brush, or even your hands if your that kinda kid!!

2 Apply the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer to any problem spots and to your under eye area, because even though the bags under our eyes are designer, it can't hurt to brighten em up a lil bit.

3 Use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder anywhere you put concealer.  Don't use this all over your face unless you have super oily skin because Taylor's look is just a little bit dewy.

4 Just using the contour side of the Nyx Wonder Stick, do a little bit of contour through the hollows of the cheeks, the temples, hairline, and maybe the nose if you're feeling extra fancy.  Taylor's look isn't super bronzy though, so I didn't feel the need to add any bronzer to this look, because simplicity is best right? But if you do want to go in with bronzer, this is your time to do so!

5 Next apply the Physician's formula blush to your cheeks, and blend upwards toward your ear area. Taylor used a really pretty and feminine pink blush which makes you look extra awake and flawless.

6 To finish off the face, apply the Becca Skin Perfecter in Moonstone on the cheekbones, cupids bow, and anywhere else you want, there are no rules in the highlight game!!

7 For eyes, I chose the Naked3 palette because Taylors got a very pink look going on, but it's still pretty neutral.  Sweep the shade Strange all over the lid for your base, as well as under the brow for a highlight.  Then take Dust with your finger (for better color payout) and apply that generously to your whole lid, be careful though, this shade has lots of fallout! Then take the shade Limit with a fluffy brush and blend out your crease, making sure Dust and Limit are blended well together.  And then lastly take the shade Liar and run it all the way underneath the lower lash line, and that's your eyeshadow done!

8 For brows just fill them in to your taste with the Maybelline brow stick, this is really pretty good and a nice dupe for the Anastasia one!

9 Maybelline's Lash Sensational mascara is perf for getting Taylor's big fluttery lashes. I would apply two coats to your top and bottom lashes for that extra pop diva effect.

10 And finally, for the big finish, the pièce de résistance, the Maybelline lipstick in Craving Coral to get that glam bright lipstick that Taylor has on.  Some people have been calling this a red lip look, but can we all just clear this up and say that it is for sure orange? Or am I colorblind? Please someone tell me if I am colorblind, I've always secretly wondered.

So that's the look my friends! I can't guarantee that wearing this will turn you into a glamazon like Taylor on the spot, but I mean it's worth a shot right? Anyways, I'm off to spend the afternoon procrastinating writing two essays and studying for a test, #studious #A+. Peace out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment