Friday, January 1, 2016

December Favorites 2015



It's the new year y'all!  I seriously cannot believe that it's 2016 right now... I'm so excited for all of the adventures and opportunities to come in this new year, and I am praying that this year is full of love and joy for all of us!  And without further ado, let me proceed to talk about my December favorites!

I feel like this is a weird group of items, it's also a really small bunch just because December was SO busy and I feel like with all of the gift-buying and what not my funds were hurting a bit, so I didn't really try out many new beauty products.  But hey, that's what keeps favorites interesting, right?

1 // Q&A a Day: 5-Year Journal

So I haven't actually started using this journal, but I just really wanted it in my favorites because I have been so excited about this ever since I saw it in Anthropologie one fateful day (btw an Anthropologie just opened in Asheville and I'm so happy about it).  Basically this journal has a question for each day of the year, and on each page there are five spaces for each year's answer, which I just think is a brilliant idea.  I'm so excited to start filling it in and being able to look back at my answers through the years.  I feel like I will stick to this journal more because I don't have the pressure of writing a whole page about my day, you know?

2 // Illume Holiday Bubble Bath

What's this?  Another holiday scented  product from Illume on a favorites?  Safe to say I'm obsessed with this brand, just a lil bit.  This bubble bath is so lovely.  I'm just personally a huge fan of anything holiday scented, and also am a huge fan of baths, so basically this was everything that makes me happy in this world.

3 // Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: The Illustrated Edition

Confession time: I'm a nerd.  Like, I've read the whole Harry Potter series 5 times, can quote all of the movies back and front, and often think about which house I would have been sorted in should I have attended Hogwarts (still struggling with this honestly, my heart says Gryffindor but my head is like, nah Hufflepuff).  So when this came out, all of my dreams came true.  Once I got my hands on this, it was honestly one of the best moments in my life.  The illustrations are seriously amazing, and I just love how they bring the story to life in a whole new way, and it just makes me so happy.  Nerd status reached.

4 // Clinique A Case of the Pretties Set

Honestly, by this point I think its obvious that I really like Clinique.  It was the first brand of makeup I ever wore, so I think it will always hold a special place in my heart.  Also all of their products are just lovely, so really its a no fail situation (is that a thing?).  This palette is just so handy to me.  It's got 7 eyeshadows, 4 lip colors, and 2 blushes, so honestly you're all set if you got this lil guy.  All of the colors are right up my alley and I also love the bright pink and orange packaging, its a nice little bright spot in these gray winter days!

Well friends, I'm off to explore the future that we live in aka 2016.  And by explore I mean I'm going down to the kitchen to find food before I have to go to a party tonight.  Always keepin it real.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment