Saturday, January 2, 2016

5 Tips for Going Back to School


So I know this isn't the traditional "back to school" time, but if we all face reality here, school either starts back next week or the next for all of us who are still gettin' educated.  After a nice long Christmas break, it's usually a process for me to get back into the swing of things at school, so I thought I might share with y'all some tips for how I make it back to school without curling into a ball and crying (sometimes that happens though, it just happens).

1 // Start Waking Up Earlier Before You Have to Go Back

This is a painful one, so I went ahead and got it over with.  Nothing is worse than being used to sleeping in till 10 in the morning (or 1 in the afternoon...) and then that first day of school comes and you literally feel dead because it's 6 AM and it feels like 2 AM.  So what I do is try to gradually start waking up a few hours earlier leading up to school.  Nothing major, just 8 AM or so, just so my body gets re-adjusted to getting moving earlier.

2 // Write Out Schedule Beforehand

I don't know about y'all, but it can be pretty overwhelming getting a whole new schedule of classes each semester, and so to help myself mentally sort all of the information, I take a sticky note and write out each class, what time it is, the professor's name, and what room it's in.  This makes me feel much more prepared before the first day comes, and helps me know I won't get lost looking for my classes.

3 // Have Notebooks for Each Class

This may sound like a no-brainer, but it's so important to have designated notebooks for every single class.  I use any spiral bound notebook that has pockets in it, and keep all of my notes and handouts from each class in its own notebook.  This way nothing gets lost or confused, and I don't end up missing 5 assignments.  Happy times!

4 // Set Goals

Setting goals for the semester helps me remember what I want to focus on, whether it be pulling an A in math or getting a 7 or above on every AP Euro essay.  This keeps me focused, and when procrastination hits it's nice to have that thought in my head of what I wanted to achieve at the beginning of the semester.

5 // Set Aside Time for You

School can get real busy real fast, and it can be easy to work work work and forget about setting aside any time to rest and relax, and just unwind.  I didn't really realize how important this is until this semester, because I just realized that while school is SO important, being happy is even more important.  Even if it's just watching an episode of your favorite TV show, schedule this into your daily life!

I hope this helps anyone who is going back to school, or even going back to work, and that it inspires you to get into a healthy routine.  I hope 2016 is rocking for all of you so far!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with the last one. It's so important to put yourself first and not pressurizing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure the most important one to me, and makes such a positive change in the semester!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete