Friday, December 18, 2015

Holiday Series | My Top Five All-Time Favorite Christmas Movies


Elf - Is there anyone, anyone, who doesn't love this movie (if there is, and its you, we need to have a serious talk).  Seriously, I laugh about once every minute watching this movie.  This is such a classic that to me, it doesn't feel like Christmas without watching this at least 100 times.  Key words: at least.

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York -  Is it weird that I like this one better than the first one?  Honestly both are brilliant, and it was a really tough call, but I just really appreciate the grandeur that he indulges in while in NYC.  I feel like as a child this was my dream maybe....

(Side note, do y'all know the song "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?"  I'm listening to it right now, I love love love it!)

Love Actually - I actually love this movie.  That was terrible, I'm sorry, that was just sad.  Anyways, this movie is the. most. amazing. thing.  I cry every time, and believe me, it is very very rare for me to ever cry in a film.  But every time I see the little boy run through the airport to say goodbye to his crush (does anyone else think she dresses eerily similar to an American Girl of that era?) I mean, the tears are just pouring.  And don't even get me started on the Aurelia/Jaime storyline.  I die.  If you want the movie equivalent of a warm hug, this is it.

Arthur's Perfect Christmas - Oh my gosh... I'm laughing at myself writing this.  All my friends make fun of how much I love this movie, but like honestly its gold.  Its gold I tell you.  I mean ok it has this great message that Christmas isn't about a perfect day, but about being with people you love, which is like A+, and also I just love the animation, and ok maybe I am an 8 year old inside, but don't judge me till you watch it, ok?

While You Were Sleeping - I know this isn't maybe a traditional Christmas movie, but it happens at Christmas ok?  And it is just so good.  Like, ugh.  I love it.  Its such a feel good movie, and every time I watch it I want to be a part of that family more and more, mainly because the Grandma is all of us ever,

Well friends, these are the films that I particularly enjoy during the holidays every year.  I hope y'all enjoyed this post, and have a wonderful day!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment