Monday, December 21, 2015

Holiday Series | The Best Festive Cookies


Hey friends!  Well Christmas is... drumroll please... four days away!!  Can you believe it?  I can't wait, but I'm also gonna be a little sad because the season is going to be over... but we have four days left, so lets make the most of them by making festive cookies, right?

These are snickerdoodles, which I personally love and think are so festive, so I thought I would share the recipe I used to make these, because honestly, they are SO good, if I do say so myself.  The recipe is titled Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles, and y'all they are the best ever.  Ever.


Ingredients -

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon



Directions - 
1 // Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)

2 // Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.  Blend in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.  Shape dough by rounded spoonful into balls.

3 // Mix 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.  Roll balls of dough in mixture.  Place 2 inches apart on un-greased baking sheets.

4 // Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set but not too hard.  Remove immediately from sheets.


And enjoy!  Hope y'all love these as much as me and my whole family did, I can assure you they vanish pretty quickly!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment