Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Top Three Holy Grail Drugstore Mascaras


If I could only use one makeup product for the rest of my life, it would hands-down be mascara. In magazines, celebrities are always asked that question and they always answer blush or some madness like that, like can we all be real for a sec? Mascara makes such a huge difference on my face, and I have compiled some research on different products, and would have to say that of all my drugstore mascaras, these win KTO. Did I use that right? Oh my gosh I don't think I did... Whatever y'all get me right?

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

Honestly, I've mentioned this mascara so many times on this blog, but I don't even care because this stuff is the bomb.com all day long. It doesn't clump, it lengthens, it adds volume, its amazing and perfect and wonderful.  Best of all it stays put allllllll day long. No matter how many of those puppy commercials with Sarah Mclachlan you watch (ok don't hold me to that because honestly those are gut wrenching and not even waterproof mascara stands a chance).

Rimmel London ScandalEyes Retroglam Mascara

I first bought this mascara eons ago, when I was a youngling, before I was even that into makeup and beauty. I was on vacation and at a CVS and I needed new mascara, and I thought this looked cool and maybe promising so I took the plunge. And let me tell you, it has been a staple that I use at least every week, if not everyday, ever since. Now, it did take a little time for me to get used to how it worked, but it gives majorly pumped up lashes. I usually layer this over a more lengthening mascara (usually the one that I mention next) when I'm going out and I want my eyes to really super mega duper pop.

Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Mascara

This stuff is like my mascara equivalent of the old family station wagon, you know? Ok that actually made it sound bad, but I mean that as a totally good thing. I've been relying on this mascara for a good two years now, and have re-bought it a lot. It gives a sort of natural look, in that its not too dramatic and is more lengthening than volumizing. I wear this a lot as a go-to everyday mascara, and as I mentioned above, a lot of times I will pair this with the Rimmel Retroglam Mascara to make my lashes long and volumized to the max.

Hope y'all are having a splendid Tuesday! I know I am!! That literally made me sound like a mix between the energizer bunny and a two year old, but eh its a good day! I've got the day off classes, so I decorate my room for Christmas so I am on top of the world right now no joke. Anyhoo, keep up the good work out there my friends! Talk to ya soon!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. i used to love the falsies but i haven't tried any of their other mascaras, need to do that!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybelline has such amazing drugstore mascaras, you can't really go wrong with them!!

      Delete