Sunday, November 1, 2015

Product Review: Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

So, if you're at all interested at makeup and you've been on the internet once or twice, you've heard from like a gazillion beauty bloggers about the Naked palettes.  I too have been bombarded with info about these palettes and after doing some research, I decided to take the plunge and get one.  I decided to go with the Naked 3 palette, as I was more drawn to the pinky, rose gold tones (planning on getting the original Naked palette next!!).  My expectations were pretty high going into it, after hearing rave reviews from one and all, and let me tell you, in my opinion, the reviews were not exaggerations.  These shades are so beautiful, and blend beautifully.  I love the color range available, and each shade is just so SO gorgeous.


Now, my favorite shades would have to be Trick and Mugshot.  Trick is the coppery-gold shade in the middle, and I find it really makes my blue eyes pop as it has a little bit of orange to it.  Mugshot is the gorgeous shimmery taupe color towards the end.  At first I was a little scared of this shade because it is quite dark and I was afraid it would make me look like a raccoon!  But let me tell you, it blends like a dream and looks so amazing on the eye.  Its a little bit smoky, but subtle enough for everyday.  A lot of these eyeshadows have really little fallout which is so nice.  However, I did find that the second shade, Dust has a LOT of fallout, so be really careful applying that.  I find its best to use your finger and just pat it on the eyelid.

The matte shades in this palette are also really lovely, and I use them a lot during the week for just a quick simple look that is really flattering and makes the eyes pop.  Usually I will sweep Limit, the dusty rose shade towards the front, all over my eyelids.  Next I get Nooner, the mauve-y shade in the middle, and I blend that into my crease with little windshield wiper movements.  Lastly, I add Strange, that vanilla shade at the front, and add that to the corners of my eye, as well as my brow bone, for a really amazing highlight.

I hope you all enjoyed this review!  All in all, I highly recommend this palette, its got such a nice variety of looks that you can pull from it, and really works well any season, any day!

Hope y'all had an amazing Halloween weekend!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment